Ruth's Cantankerous Pragmatic Ramblings

Sunday, September 17, 2006

It's all in perspective...

I am thankful to say that I have a stomach virus this weekend. Sounds hardly something you would expect someone to say... but let's put it in perspective.

Friday morning (very early) I woke up feeling very queasy. Ok, I thought I was gonna heave. So I went back to bed in hopes I'd feel better later.. well, I woke at 7:30 and felt somewhat better, but slow and sluggish... by 10am I managed to get dressed and drive to my office to attempt transferring a few files. That lasted all of 2 hours. I had severe cramps in the upper portion of my stomach. So I went off to rest.

Later I got a phone call from a friend, concerned about my stomach condition due to the news she heard on the TV. Seems they were recalling all the spinach on the market... due to the outbreak of the e.coli virus. This scared me because I had indeed eaten spinach on Thursday for lunch. So, to make sure of what my particular ailment was... I called around and it was suggested I go to the E.R. and let them test me. I did.

We spent2 hours in the E.R. Friday nite, had blood taken and other body fluids and waited for the tests to come back, which they finally did, showing I had a stomach virus. (but thankfully not e.coli)

So you see, it's all in your perspective. We tend to forget from time to time... that no matter what is happening to us... it could be worse. Someone has it worse. Somewhere.

Thank you Lord, for keeping me well.

4 Comments:

  • i am down with a stomach flu right now, here in new york city. i feel terrible and throw up every few hours. worst thing is the emotional down that comes with it. I live alone, and it feels like a lonely world when you are wretching by yourself.

    if you can spare a little human wartmth, it would be appreciated. thanks.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:48 AM  

  • Indeed it does Feel like you are alone, but you never are. while I may not have been here a few hours ago, god is always with you. Just talk to Him. He listens. I pray that he helps you thru this and I am truly sorry you are feeling so poorly right now. You will pull thru and this will be nothing but a distant memory!.. hang in there. ;-)

    By Blogger Ruth, at 3:17 AM  

  • Crackers.... every so often try to eat one. It absorbs the stomach acid...

    By Blogger Ruth, at 3:21 AM  

  • thanks Ruth!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home